Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery rules
- These terms and conditions set out the Rules for the Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery (“ the Weekly Lottery “or “the lottery”). By purchasing a weekly lottery entry, a player agrees to be bound by these Rules.
- Applications must be from players aged 18 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Paid employees of CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd (Anthony Nolan’s External Lottery Manager) directly involved in running the lottery or who could have influence over the running of the lottery are not eligible to enter the weekly lottery. Paid employees and volunteers of Anthony Nolan directly involved in running the lottery or who could have influence over the running of the lottery are not eligible to enter the weekly lottery.
- Complaints will be handled in line with the complaints procedure found within Anthony Nolan's FAQ's page. Complaints that cannot be resolved by Anthony Nolan to the satisfaction of the complainant will be escalated to The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS), whose ruling will be binding.
- The cost of each entry is £1 (which can be paid monthly by Direct Debit for £4.34 per month). Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance and full payment must be received in the form of cleared funds before the number can be entered into the draw. Entry is open to all GB residents but excludes Anthony Nolan employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery. The current maximum number of entries you can buy is five. After your final entry into the Weekly Lottery, any sum then remaining under £1 remaining in your account will be donated to Anthony Nolan.
- A unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. The number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket(s) will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday, except where it is a bank holiday in England and Wales, when it will be the previous or next working day when the banks are open for business. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six-digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Numbers will be published on the Anthony Nolan website (https://lottery.anthonynolan.org/winners) and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 200 681. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw or if the Monday is a bank holiday in England and Wales, on the next working day. Anthony Nolan reserves the right to use the winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from London.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled by Anthony Nolan and the unclaimed prizes will be donated to Anthony Nolan.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in the right place for a prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in the right place for a prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in the right place for a prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in the right place for a prize of £5.
- The overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 1 in 63
- Anthony Nolan reserves the right to disqualify any player if it has reasonable grounds to believe the player has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing within these terms and conditions will create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any lottery player and Anthony Nolan.
- Anthony Nolan will not be liable to any lottery player for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Anthony Nolan, or the lottery player from time to time;
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Anthony Nolan or its External Lottery Manager for the administration of the lottery;
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by Anthony Nolan or the player;
- any refusal by Anthony Nolan to accept registration of an individual as a lottery player or the cancellation of a lottery entry;
- any failure to enter a number into the draw;
- any event beyond the reasonable control of Anthony Nolan.
- Neither Anthony Nolan, nor its External Lottery Manager, will be liable to any player in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by any player in relation to participation in the Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize). Anthony Nolan’s liability to any winner shall be limited to the amount of any prize which has become due to him/her.
- Anthony Nolan or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Anthony Nolan or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- Anthony Nolan will not transfer or otherwise disclose the personal data of any player to any third party, except the Gambling Commission, law enforcement agencies or in any other circumstances where required by law.
- If at the point of sign up a player opts in to be contacted by email and/or telephone, Anthony Nolan may from time to time send him/her information about Anthony Nolan’s lifesaving work, including news, fundraising and other ways they can support Anthony Nolan. Anthony Nolan may also contact players by post, subject to checking against existing marketing preferences. Players can change how Anthony Nolan uses their information, including updating preferences for marketing and fundraising communications, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7424 6626 or visiting https://anthonynolan.org/update-your-details
- All players are solely responsible for providing Anthony Nolan with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Anthony Nolan is not liable in any way for failure or inability to contact any player due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the player has provided.
- Players can request a self-exclusion from the Anthony Nolan database to stop being contacted about lottery and other gaming communications in the future by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7424 6626
- Anthony Nolan will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that winners receive their prizes. After six months, Anthony Nolan reserves the right to use the unclaimed prize to fund Anthony Nolan’s lifesaving work.
- If Anthony Nolan becomes aware that a prize winner is deceased, Anthony Nolan will issue the prize by bank transfer or cheque to the deceased’s bank account, or if notified forward to the solicitor or Will executor who is handling the estate to include as an estate asset. In the case of releasing funds to an executor, written proof of executor status will be required.
- Anthony Nolan maintains records of players’ lottery entry money (defined as “customer funds”) separately from general charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from charity funds. However, these funds are not protected in the unlikely event that Anthony Nolan becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- Anthony Nolan reserves the right to update the Weekly Lottery Rules, Terms & Conditions and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website: https://lottery.anthonynolan.org/rules . Each player should retain a copy of these terms and conditions for his/her reference.
- The Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery is open to GB residents i.e. those of England, Wales and Scotland. No entrants are allowed to enter the Weekly Lottery from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or British Forces Post Office addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 Regulations.
- The Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales and all players submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- All proceeds from this lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Anthony Nolan with a guaranteed 60% of proceeds returned to the good cause. We allocate 20% of proceeds to fund the prizes and a further 20% to fund the administration of the programme.
Anthony Nolan is licensed by the Gambling Commission, licence numbers 000-004971-N-307534-016 (Non-Remote) and 000-004971-A-328857-001 (Remote) and this lottery is run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
The Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery is intended to be a fun way to support Anthony Nolan and the vital work we do. Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel you have a problem with gambling please visit GambleAware's website for help and advice, or contact the National Gambling Helpline 24 hours a day on 0808 8020 133. Anthony Nolan’s Responsible Gambling Policy can be found here. To exclude yourself from our database for future lottery or raffle mailings please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthony Nolan is a member of the Lotteries Council www.lotteriescouncil.org.uk and therefore supports and contributes to research into problem gambling.
The person responsible for the promotion of this lottery is Jo Mazur, Head of Individual Giving, Anthony Nolan, Head Office, 2 Heathgate Place, 75-87 Agincourt Road, London, NW3 2NU. Anthony Nolan is a registered charity no 803716/SC038827 and a registered company no 2379280.
For any lottery enquiries please email email@example.com or call our dedicated lottery hotline 0162 820 0681. For more information about Anthony Nolan or other ways to donate please visit https://www.anthonynolan.org/ or contact our supporter care team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7424 6626.
For full terms and conditions visit lottery.anthonynolan.org.uk/rules
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit www.begambleaware.org
If you have any concerns about your gambling and would like to exclude yourself from any future gambling with us or if you would like some assistance in whether your gambling is becoming a problem then please visit our problem gambling page here.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, CTT Charity Payments Re Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery Direct Debits will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by CTT Charity Payments Re Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when CTT Charity Payments Re Anthony Nolan Weekly Lottery asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.